There are many one-time or short-term opportunities for individuals or community and corporate groups interested in helping The Guidance Center and the families we serve.
Please contact Ashlie Williams at 617-354-2275 x197 if you are interested in becoming a volunteer!
If you are interested in an internship, please contact Tania Erlij.
Volunteer at an Upcoming Event!
Please check back for upcoming events or to be notified by email, contact Ashlie Williams.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Organize a party or picnic for children and families
- Teach a “class” (e.g. , cooking, art, etc.) to our parent groups
- Periodic spruce-up days for waiting rooms, toys and facilities
- Paint a mural, re-paint a room or plant flowers to help make our spaces more inviting
- Organize a library of books and materials for children and their parents
- Data entry, filing and basic office support work
- Brochure folding, envelope stuffing or volunteering at fundraising events
Because of the nature of our work and the special training required to work with children and families in a therapeutic environment, we currently do not offer any long-term, one-on-one volunteering opportunities with clients.